Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Home Alone

My wife and kid have both left Palembang for Brisbane since last Thursday. It took me 5 days before the feeling that I am home alone sunk in.

The past 5 days were preoccupied with the following activities since they left:
  1. Work, work, work - 8am till 6pm with a 1 hour lunch break at home.
  2. Gym - been hitting the gym after work for the past few days. Focusing on my pecs!
  3. Laptop died & resurrected - our 5 year old NEC Versa just would not start one day and after I took it to the shop it managed to turn on again. Maybe it does not like to PC doctor and just wanted to play a trick on me!
  4. Installation of AORA TV - took me almost half of Sunday afternoon (including waiting time).
  5. Teaching the driver and maid english and algebra - how can they not have any basics like minus times minus = plus?? I had to make up questions to feed them everyday....practice makes perfect.
  6. Groceries shopping & dinner - went to Carrefour with my fellow Malaysian colleagues then dropped by to have dinner at Brasserie (a restaurant famous for ox-tail soup rice).
Only last night when I felt a bit tired and went to bed early, I felt that I was alone.... but this morning, I've laid out plans for the week:
  1. Continue to test my driver and maids on algebra & english.
  2. Trimming of guava tree branches that are shading my other plants (halting their growth).
  3. Entertain my Russian supplier who is visiting (what can we do during Ramadan fasting month?? Supposedly all the night spots are closed).
  4. Attend Rosary Thursdays with thy neighbours - last Thurs they came but I had a dinner appointment with some visitors.
  5. Watch my live English Premier League football matches on AORA TV! MU vs. Liverpool - I could never miss these epic clashes!!

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions