Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Green Fingers

Since my wife went for her vacation in Australia, she left me some plants to be taken cared of. They include four angled beans, ladies fingers (okra) and some flowers.

Here's a photo of a matured four angled bean (or winged bean). Last year the plants were flourishing and those beans used to be one of our staple diets.




We realized that our plants have been dying a few months ago due to "moth-like insect attacks" and also the lack of sunlight (shaded by our guava tree). Therefore, I had to chop off most of the "infected" branches and also those that were shading our new plants (stopping photosynthesis).

I also did some transplanting from a nursery pot to the side of the fence. Added some branches from the guava tree that I chopped off for the four angled beans to creep and grow.

Here are some shots of my newly re-planted garden:



I am no green finger but hope that I could sustain these plants at least until my wife comes back...ha ha ha!

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions