Friday, September 19, 2008

Breaking Fast Ceremony

For the whole morning I have been trying to figure out what speech I should give in front of my 86 person staff for the Acara Buka Bersama (breaking fast ceremony) for my company.


We have been holding this ceremony every year in the fasting month of Ramadan. This year is my turn to represent the management to give some motivational speech in Bahasa Indonesia!!

Finally when the time came, I told them how blessed it was to have the opportunity to speak on behalf of the management and how happy it was to be part of the record breaking production unit throughout Malaysia & Indonesia (amongst the 6 factories). I told them it is important to work together as a team, to solve problems as a family unit and continue to improve on our production, quality and deliveries (the usual motivation talk from managers....ha ha!)


Following my speech, came the reading from the Quran (by somebody else of course) & a lecture from a guest on the teachings of the Quran. After that we had our breaking fast event. We had pempeks (traditional Palembang food) and some other finger food, followed by rice and dishes (buffet style).

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions