Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Anticipating Live EPL Matches

As mentioned in my previous post, one of the only entertainment I have in Palembang is watching live EPL (English Premier League) football matches on TV.


Due to the broadcasting rights problems of my satellite TV provider, I have missed the opening matches since the EPL started on 16 Aug 2008. My current ASTRO channels do not have any live matches nor EPL highlights like last year and this is truly a disappointment until I had to reevaluate whether I need to continue to subscribe to ASTRO.
From what I heard, AORA TV (the only official EPL broadcaster in Indonesia at the moment) is a spin off from ASTRO Indonesia. This is because of problems between the 2 ASTRO companies in Malaysia and Indonesia fighting for the broadcasting rights.
When I called the contractor about installation details for AORA TV, the person informed me to wait until September 5, 2008 because ASTRO Indonesia will be making an announcement to determine whether ASTRO will continue to air live EPL matches for the 2008/2009 season or AORA TV will have their exclusive rights. SEPTEMBER 5, 2008 will be remembered as one CRITICAL DATE to determine whether I should cut down on my current ASTRO channels and subscribe to AORA TV.....

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions