Friday, July 3, 2009

Funny Maid Stories

Throughout my 2.5 years in Palembang, I have heard many stories (funny/sad/horror) about maids. Today I will blog about the selected few stories about the funny things that maids have done.

THE DEEP SLEEPER:
This incident happened to me. We have just started this new 16 year old maid for the 3rd day. She has never worked before, so her first job at our place is I would guess rather tiring. At noon she went into her room for a nap. After 1 hour I wanted to talk to her, so I knocked on her door. There was no answer after 5 mins of continuous knocking on her room door. We thought she might have fainted. Therefore, my driver and me both went out to her window outside the house to check. Luckily we heard snoring noises! Then we continued to shout and knock on her window but she was totally K.O'd! In the end we managed to wake her up after my driver climbed up the chair and called out to her via the air vents above the door. She said she did not hear a thing! I am not sure if she could survive a fire if she slept like a log? Anyway she quit after working for a week.

INSTANT NOODLES:
My company has a mess that has a 40 year old maid. She is a very experienced cook and supposedly have worked many years being a school cleaner. One day my colleagues wanted her to cook a pack of soup based instant noodles. After 10 mins, they found out that the maid had cooked the noodles but dumped away all the soup! They had to eat the dry tasteless noodles because the maid thought that it was supposed to be instant mi goreng (fried noodles)! I still could not believe a person that has lived so long in Indonesia and yet still does not know how to read instant noodles labels.

TOILET BOWL CLEANING:
One day my colleague went home for lunch. The bathrooom was occupied by his maid who was cleaning the toilet. After waiting for almost an hour, the maid came out and said, " Sir, I could not get the water from the toilet bowl out. I keep drying the inside of the toilet bowl but water keeps coming out!"

2 comments:

Scott and Elaine said...

Hahaha.. i like the third one. So classic! And yes.. the person that keeps visiting from Brisbane is me!

Anonymous said...

I am a maid at a "top notch" place, and I am angry at all the horror negativity directed at good people that pick up crap everyday. Can't you let people tell you the other end of the field? It really makez (2 letterz on my keyboard doezn't vvork), me ill reading about them. I could tell ztoriez about zo-called gueztz that might make them puke. The roomz at my top notch place of employment are often trazhed, thingz ztolen from roomz, it'z dizguzting, plz tell ppl that the place I am employed at, I take pride in cleaning my roomz to the bezt I can. But zome ppl are zlobz and plain jerkz. I have funny ztoriez too about our friendz, a couple that came to ztay for 2 dayz brought no clothez and thought that "all incluzive" meant the maid could take them zhopping for
clothing, alcohol, food, and cigarettez. If you don't think thiz iz funny, then you need to be employed at the place I am. Plz, tell the flip zide of thiz. Be fair.

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions