Monday, May 18, 2009

Haircuts In Palembang

Yesterday I went for my haircut in PTC Mall's Johnny Andrean saloon. A JA haircut (including wash) only costs Rp32,000 (~RM10). However, everytime they cut my hair at JA's, the hair dressers will definitely say, "Oh, you have lots of grey hair, do you want to dye your hair?". This is without fail, different hair stylists make the same comment during my every visit. It made me feel as if I have loads of grey hair!

I have never found a better hair dresser in Palembang until my friend introduced me to this saloon next to a massage center. The price is a bit more expensive at Rp70,000 (double that of JA) but the hair dresser is more professional (supposedly came from Jakarta). The hair washing facility is better as they have this stump from the sink to support the back of your head while they wash (in other places, they just let the weight of your head supported by the neck rest). The environment is also more pleasant - quiet, not so crowded, spacious. The hair dresser is also more gentle with your hair (I don't like those that just snips randomly at your hair with a blunt scissors pulling out chunks of your hair in the process - they say it is called "thinning" - B.S!).

Another interesting thing is I do not know exactly how to tell the hair dresser what kinda hair style I like. 10 years ago I used to like this hairstyle called "Armani" hair style but recently I found out that in Malaysia they no longer have that cut anymore. I took some photos of my past "Armani" hair style and tried to show the Johnny Andrean people. They told me that it is called a "Mohawk" cut. Then when I asked for a "Mohawk", they gave me a "school boy" cut instead! As time passed, someone got it almost close to what I liked and I asked for the name of the hair cut. They said it's called "spike"! Ever since, I have been having "spike" haircuts in Palembang.

If it was not for the convenience of doing shopping after the haircut from JA, I would have paid more to get it from the pros at the massage center place (and also save me the embarrassment of feeling I have lots of grey hair). I hope my wife does not get a shock when she sees my JA "spike" hair style when I return to Malaysia next week.

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions