Friday, May 8, 2009

Becak (Trishaw) Ride





One day we saw a trishaw carrying a passenger to a nearby house. So I took the opportunity to take my son for a "Becak" ride (in Malaysian it's called "Beca" but in Indonesian it's "Becak" - sounds like bay-chuck).
My wife used to bring my son along for these becak rides once in awhile but it was my first time trying it. The roads are quite bumpy in our housing area and some areas were a bit uneven. When the Becak-man came to the sloping areas, he would jump off his becak and push it. I felt a bit embarrassed having this skinny guy to push 75kg+15kg worth of weight (not counting the weight of his becak).
I offered to come off the becak but he insisted that we stayed on. It only took him 10 mins to round the housing complex but I would not want him to "suffer" by getting him to cycle/push any longer. Here are some shots taken from the becak. My little one was very happy throughout the ride. I am glad to have some fun time with him. The only bad thing is I had to sit on my back bone as the shed is very low (I looked like a prawn inside the becak!).

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions