Sunday, November 23, 2008

To KL & Back

Time flies when you have so many things to do in 3 days & 2 nights. In just a blink of an eye I was in Kuala Lumpur (KL) and back in Palembang again!

Total of 7 of us left Palembang on Thursday noon time. I brought along a fellow Malaysian, 2 Indonesian couples and one 4 month old baby. KL was pouring when we arrived.

After checking in we had some time to browse in the Sunway Pyramids shopping mall before heading for an international buffet dinner. They served fresh oysters, salmon, sashimi, fish and fishes. I was also glad to be able to catch up with some old colleagues from Port Klang, Sandakan, Bintulu, Pasir Gudang and Surabaya. After dinner came the group meeting where our director gave his speech about the company outlook, impact to our company from the current economy crisis and strategies to move ahead in these difficult times. The speech was followed by a motivational video session on "paradigm shifts" and a 15 minute group brainstorming / work session on the application of "paradigm shifts" within our company.










[photos from left: my room in Pyramid Towers (actual), view of Sunway Lagoon from my room, my maintenance supervisor and his 4 month old baby]

On day 2, my Indonesian staff went to visit the Petronas Twin Towers while I had my technical meeting with our General Manager. We had Chinese-style lunch in Sunway Hotel. After that came my shopping opportunity at Sunway Pyramids where I bought the following items:
  1. 2 160Gb external hard discs - for my many photos of my son
  2. 2 pairs of shorts from FOS (Factory Outlet Shop)
  3. Chinese character picture charts for my son
  4. Gladwrap - bought one just for the "cutter strip" on the box because in Palembang we can't find plastic wraps with built-in cutter strips.












[photos from left: Sunway Pyramids shopping mall, xmas decorations, a restaurant with a familiar name]

After my shower, I went for the Port Klang factory's 10th anniversary dinner. Met more old staff and chit-chat until it was time for dinner. They had lucky draw & 10 years long serving employee awards plus entertainment sessions by some local comedians. After dinner I was invited to one of my old colleague's bachelor's party in a nearby discotheque. I have not been "partying" for ages and I felt a bit awkward joining the group of "young people" (most of them are under 30 years old). Luckily I am only the 4th senior guy in the crowd of 15!

After the late night and early breakfast, we left from KL and now I am back in Palembang blogging again!

1 comment:

Khuslen said...

oh wow,you had a great day

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions