Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mi Pangsit of Palembang

Yesterday I went to the market at Pasar Buah to buy fish. Decided to go there for some fresh fishes since the market at our place here does not seel any good and fresh fishes.

On the way home I had breakfast at this chinese style coffee shop called Restaurant 888 - what a typical Chinese good luck number to name the shop. 8 = prosperity in Chinese.

I had Mi Pangsit (in Malaysia it's called Wantan Mee or wanton noodles). It comes with a bowl of dry hand-made noodles and another bowl of soup with Pangsit (wanton or meat dumplings) and Bakso (beef and fish balls). One type of their beef balls is very chewy - texture that bounces back when you chew on it, but not as hard as "rubber"!

I was too embarrassed to take direct photos of the shop, so this is my best shot! You can see that the decorations of the shop are still very Chinese despite being in Palembang. All the people in the shop are Chinese because this Mi Pangsit that they serve is non-Halal (forbidden for Muslims - contains pork).

I plan to bring my wife and kid here next time since both of them have not tried Mi Pangsit yet. Damn, I feel hungry already after writing this post!





No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions