Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Charity During Fasting Month

One of my contractors invited me over to his house for an "open fast" event (Acara Buka Bersama), similar to the one that I had in my company a few weeks ago. This guy lives in a big house that is in a housing area connected to the main road via a muddy dirt path.

Muslims believe that in the month of Ramadan (fasting month), they have to do as much charity as possible and forgive others for their mistakes. Therefore, my contractor invited kids from 3 orphanages to his Acara Buka Bersama.

Upon reaching 6:10pm (time to break fast), all the 40 over orphans rush towards the food. At least some charity work has been put in by the rich of Palembang and make the day for the less fortunate.










No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions