Friday, December 12, 2008

Things I Can Do Alone In Palembang

Next week I get to reunite with my family after 3 month's of being "single" in Palembang. Perhaps you are thinking of reading something "spicy" but these are just the routine things that I have been doing while I am living by myself in Palembang:
  1. Get the whole laptop to myself at home at night - the laptop is normally occupied by my wife 24x7 when she is in Palembang.
  2. Increased blogging time, commenting/playing around with Facebook.
  3. Eat dinner in front of the laptop and TV.
  4. Watch all the Manchester United matches even if it is on 12 midnight during the weekend (English Premier League) or 2am during the weekdays (Champion's League night).
  5. Watch ESPN/Star sports channel for the whole night.
  6. Eat junk food like chips or chocholates on the couch while watching TV.
  7. Sleep for 8 hours & even 10 hours if not feeling well.
  8. Get to watch 2 DVDs straight during the weekends.
  9. Get to sleep on a bed for 3 all by myself - "star shaped" or "prawn shaped" without having to knock anyone in the process of stretching.
  10. Shooting hoops during the weekends.
  11. Staying out late with suppliers/customers without having to worry about being "Cinderella".
  12. I can leave the toilet seat up! ha ha ha!
Anyhow, nothing beats good old family time. After every short separation, I feel like a "re-born person". The time apart gave me time to think about my relationship with my family. It made me realize the significance of their existence and their impact in my life. It also gave me clues on how to make life living in Palembang better (stay tuned to read my next post on home improvements).

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions