Friday, March 7, 2008

Why Number?

Many might think why is my nickname called NUMBER?

This is actually a nickname given by my high school friends. We were all attending a boy scout's camp one night and I happened to have my favourite Milli Vanilli (the original duo - see below) tape with me. So the whole troop kept listening to this tape for the whole night. Even those who have not heard Milli Vanilli knew how to sing their "Baby Don't Forget My Number" hit song. That was how I got the "Number" nickname!

For those who do not know Milli Vanilli. They were a pop and dance music duo group fronted by Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus. The group's debut album achieved high sales internationally which earned them a Grammy Award for Best Artist in 1990. The act sold over 30 million singles, 14 million albums and became one of the most popular pop acts in the late 80s and early 90s. However, their success turned to infamy when their Grammy was revoked after it was revealed that the actual vocals on the record were not the voices of Morvan and Pilatus.

Until now, I still keep in touch with a few of my high school scouts and they still call me "Number".

On the right is a recent photo that I took during Feb 2008's Chinese New Year in Penang with my scout-mates.

It is amazing that we have been friends for more than 20 years! Or maybe an indication that I am OLD too!!

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions