Monday, March 24, 2008

Focus, Awareness & Anticipation!

This afternoon when I was bringing my toddler to the bathroom, I accidentally let him slip. He knocked his head on the bathroom floor and cried intensely. Luckily he did not have any cuts or bumps on his head.

I felt very guilty for not keeping an eye on him when he was walking towards the bathroom. I was trying to get his bath towel from a rack from the side of the bathroom.

This is the second time I let this accident happen. My wife was right to point out the 3 important elements that a parent need:
  1. Focus
  2. Awareness
  3. Anticipation

I felt exteremely remorse about the incident because it reminded me of my grandfather who passed away after slipping in the bathroom some 20 years ago. My toddler would have had the same fate if I was not careful.

I need to spend more time to remind myself to be more FOCUSED, to increase my level of AWARENESS and to ANTICIPATE potential disasters!

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions