Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weekly Indulgence

Despite not having many things to do in Palembang during the weekends, the city does offer indulgence in terms of reflexology and massages. One of our friends recommended us to Tao Garden massage center and we have been there almost every weekend.

Tao Garden's massages are normal traditional ones similar to other places in Indonesia but their reflexology session is the best that we have ever tried in Palembang.

Initially, I was not a fan of foot massages and in fact I feel very ticklish whenever somebody touches the base of my feet.

After a few weeks of reflexology with my wife, I find the process quite relaxing. Tao's reflexology is held in this dim area decorated with Ancient Chinese furniture. It is so dark that these photos that I took could barely show what is in the room.

The masseurs would soak your feet in a hot bowl of water with some salts and pebbles. Then they will start massaging in the following sequence: your head, neck, shoulder, arms, back, thighs, calves, foot, arms and fingers. At the end of the session, they will use a bag of hot sea salt (chunky ones) to rub your lower section of your leg. Sometimes I find it tough to have my leg hairs being extracted from that process!

This foot massage is actually a whole body massage from head to toes except for the chest, abdomen and pelvic section. It is so relaxing that sometimes we fell asleep! No wonder it has become so addictive until it became a weekly activity for me and my wife....LOL!

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions