Friday, August 14, 2009

Futsal on National Day


When I was still working in Port Klang, the factory staff always organized futsal competitions on the National Day because that is the day that all employees of the factory get a day off together. Along with the futsal event, we normally have drawing competitions for their kids (no games for their wives though!).

Therefore, for the first time since the Palembang plant has been commissioned, I proposed to the staff for something similar to what we had in Malaysia.

The last time I played futsal was almost 3 years ago (see photo). Don't know if I still have the stamina to play. So I told my staff to put me as one of the reserves in case I collapse...;)

Everyone from the company was excited and looking towards this even except for the admin staff (majority ladies). However, I managed to throw in a couple of traditional Indonesian holiday games on top of the futsal event so that the kids can have more fun:


  1. Coloring competition

  2. Spoon & marble race

  3. Cracker eating competition (crackers hung on a string and kids had to eat them up as fast as they could without using their hands)

So far we had a projected attendance of 120 heads. Hope that they all could come on the National Day (17 Aug 2009) to participate in this event.


No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions