Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eating By The Roadside

Today I had dinner with my driver. A couple of days ago, he said he would take me to eat some delicious fried noodles (mi goreng).

He claims that this place along the Universitas Iba (IBA University-business school) has the best mi goreng in Palembang and lots of couples like to visit that place for a meal. He used to bring his wife when they were dating to the place too.

We were there early at 6pm. The sun had just started to set. There were not many people sitting along the wooden benches yet. Many cars and bikes were still driving past as the hawker fried his mi goreng. They had a bucket full of prawn crackers for us to feast on while we wait for our food. Free water was provided but I dare not have a drink there.
Next to me was a bucket full of soap water and some clean plates. I thought to myself, "thank God we were the first ones here". I would not want to eat on some plates that were washed by the roadside. Behind me was a small drain with stagnant water. I could not see clearly what was in the drain but I was sure it was not clean. I also got a mosquito bite on my elbow during the wait.

Shortly, the noodles were served and it was delicious! It smelled and tasted very good especially with the fried egg on top....yummy! It was pretty satisfying.
I only had to pay Rp12,000 (RM4) for the 2 plates of mi goreng. I don't think I would go back there again to eat because of hygienic reasons but at least I have tried Palembang's famous mi goreng for dating couples!






No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions