Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mating Leave

Yesterday I was a bit shell-shocked when my driver, who just got married last weekend, asked for my permission to take a day off stating that he needs to "do it" with his newly wedded wife!

My driver lives in a very small house with his mother. I have not been to his house but my wife had and she told me that it is just 10m x 4m! His room is separated from his mom's room by a thin plywood partition. He claims that this was the first time for his wife...his exact words were "making love" (he can speak only very little broken English), and he was afraid that it might be too noisy. I almost could not contain my laughter after I heard what he said! He was suggesting to take a day off and rent a hotel room in order to "spread his seeds and legacy". He claims that his wife wanted to have a kid very soon.

What can I say except to agree for him to take a "mating leave". If you have other suggestions on the terminology kindly leave a comment.....LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you can call it a pre-maternity leave for the would be father. :) Very funny and perhaps too frank of your driver to ask for leave this way. Hee hee hee :)

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions