Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

Hello and sorry for the long absence. I was kinda still in my Xmas holiday mood and too lazy to put in any posts until today.

Time flies, my hot hot Xmas holidays in Cairns were finally over and I am now back in Palembang with my family. We had a wonderful time in Cairns (which I will put in some posts in the very near future).

Here are some new encounters, happenings and plans for 2009:
  1. I just became older a few days ago - more people remembered my birthday thanks to Facebook!
  2. Met a family from Singapore who had been in Palembang for 3 years. We went out for lunch with them one day after mutual visits (thanks to blogging, my wife was contacted by the couple after her blog was stumbled upon).
  3. Looking forward to go back to Ipoh and Penang during Chinese New Year (3rd & final week of Jan'09).
  4. Will not be expecting any more huges bonuses due to the economy crises.
  5. Buy a Clavinova digital piano for my wife to teach my toddler son. Wanted to get my wife a sewing machine but she insisted to spend the $$ on the piano.....there will be other occasions to surprise her!!
  6. Install INDOVISION satellite TV (replace the discontinued ASTRO).
  7. Attend my driver's wedding in Feb'09.
  8. Expect to be in Ipoh again sometime in May'09 to attend my wife's grandpa's 90th birthday.
  9. Need to make a short trip to Jakarta to (look-see)2 - been in Indonesia for 2 years but never ventured around JKT, what a shame!!
  10. Plan a trip to Bali again in July'09.
  11. Annual trip to Australia again in Sep'09 during Hariraya Aidulfitri holidays.

The company will extend my stay in Palembang for another 2 years (until end 2010) but I am not sure if we will be sent back to Msia sooner if the economy does not become any better.... We just pray that the situation will become better in 2nd half of 2009.

No comments:

2009/10 United Squad

2009/10 United Squad

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United

Kings of Europe 2007/2008 - Manchester United
UEFA Champions League & English Premier League Champions